Last updated on 4 June 2021
LIMITED WARRANTY AGAINST DEFECTS POLICY
This document sets the limited warranty against for certain products manufactured by Nippon Shears Pty Ltd ACN 641 863 578 as trustee for The Adams Scissor Trust ABN 68 501 252 754, trading as Japan Scissors (‘Japan Scissors’, ‘we’, ‘us’, or ‘our’). A person who has purchased a Japan Scissors product will be referred to in this document as ‘you’ or ‘your’.
Japan Scissors’ products are manufactured to high quality standards and are put through thorough tests and inspections before they are sold to you. As the buyer, in addition to your statutory rights and remedies, Japan Scissors warrants all its products that it sells directly to you (Products) against defective workmanship from the date of purchase by you for the Warranty Period specified below.
This Warranty sets out the terms of our warranty against defects. Our warranties are also subject to our online terms and conditions, available at https://www.japanscissors.com.au/pages/terms-of-service (Terms of Sale).
Please note that this warranty against defects can only be relied on by a buyer who has purchased Products directly from us.
1. AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW DISCLAIMER
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
2. PRODUCTS COVERED BY WARRANTY
The following products are covered by this warranty for the Warranty Period set out in the following table, starting on the date you purchase the product.
Other products (e.g. scissors, razors, haircut accessories, blades and hair combs) from Japan Scissors
2 year warranty
Jaguar Germany Scissors
1 year warranty unless specified otherwise.
Yasaka Shears (Seiki)
1 year warranty
This Warranty does not apply to any issues in the Products arising out of any issues in the Products arising out of:
- regular wear and tear, including dull or blunt blades;
- improper use, including if such use results in chemical or physical damage to the Products or parts of the Products (such as the blades or the tension adjuster);
- failure to take reasonable care in relation to the Products, including if such failure results accidental damage (such as chipping or dropping);
- failure to properly use, maintain, sharpen, clean, tighten or otherwise take care of the Products in accordance with our instruction manuals;
- the installation of the Products (if applicable); or
- unauthorised modifications to our Products.
4. RETURN OF GOODS
We will only accept returns of your Product if:
- the Product is defective, and you comply with the provisions of this Warranty and our Terms of Sale; or
- we agree in writing to accept the return your Product.
5. DEFECTIVE PRODUCT WARRANTY
If you consider your Product to be defective and the Warranty Period (defined above) has not expired in respect of:
- your Product; and
- the fault with your Product,
you should promptly notify us of this by contacting us at email@example.com
When filling in the form to us, you must include:
- a full description of the fault (including images and/or videos demonstrating the fault); and
- your evidence of purchase of the Product directly from us (Product Receipt).
6. STOP USING THE PRODUCT
As soon as you realise that your Product may be defective, you must immediately stop using the Product.
7.1 HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM UNDER THIS WARRANTY
7.2 ONCE WE RECEIVE YOUR FORM
If we determine your Product may be defective, we will request you send the Product back to us, at your cost, for further inspection, including any accessories, manuals, documentation or registration shipped with the product (and you must do so if this is what we request).
We reserve the right to further inspection before deeming your Product defective.
7.3 AFTER INSPECTION - WARRANTY DOESN’T APPLY
If we determine in our reasonable opinion that your Product is not defective, or if:
- an Exclusion applies (defined above) to your Product;
- the Product has been serviced by any person other than someone authorised by us in writing to service the Product,
then we may in respect of the Product, refuse your return, not issue a refund and pass on any third-party expenses that we have incurred in connection with inspecting and evaluating the Product.
If we refuse your return and not issue a refund, then, at your election, we will either:
- send the Product back to you, at your cost (we reserve the right to require payment up front in respect of any delivery cost payable by you for sending a Product to us under this clause);
- keep or dispose of the Product.
- AFTER INSPECTION - WARRANTY DOES APPLY
- we determine that your Product is faulty;
- we’ve received a Product Receipt in respect of your Product;
- the Product Receipt shows that you are the person who purchased the Product from us (this warranty is not transferable);
- no Exclusion applies to your Product; and
- you have complied with the provisions of this Warranty, and the Terms of Sale,
then we will either:
- credit you with the full amount paid for your Product (including shipping costs if you sent the Product to us for inspection) and you may request a refund or exchange. All refunds will be credited back to your original method of payment unless you request otherwise and we approve this request;
- replace the Product within a reasonable period, at no further cost to you, at a time and a location reasonably notified to you by us; or
- repair the Product within a reasonable period, at no further cost to you, at a time and a location reasonably notified to you by us.
If the problem with your Product is major, then you may choose which of the three actions above are taken. If the problem with your Product is not major, then we will choose which action to take.
If you are entitled to a refund under this Warranty and seek a refund for shipping the Product back to us for inspection, you must email us a receipt for this shipping cost at the email address above. We will not refund shipping costs without a receipt.
If you fail to comply with the provisions of this Warranty or the Terms of Sale in respect of your Product being the subject of a requested return, including defective products, we may, in our discretion, issue only a partial refund or no refund in respect of such Product, provided that nothing in this Warranty is intended to limit the operation of any manufacturers’ warranties which you may be entitled to or any of your rights which cannot be excluded under applicable law.
9. NO OTHER WARRANTIES
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, all express or implied representations and warranties not expressly stated in this warranty document, or in written terms and conditions issued by us, are excluded.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude any liability that may arise as a result of you pursuing a warranty claim in accordance with this warranty document.
This warranty document is governed by the laws of Western Australia, Australia.