Why Are Hairdressing Scissors So Expensive?
One of the most common questions we get asked about hairdressing scissors in Australia is "why are they so expensive?", and that's a really good question.
When you have worked around hairdressing scissors as long as I have, you stop to think about the price as you can see that a good pair lasts for 5 to 10 years cutting almost everyday.
The reason why hair cutting and thinning scissors are so expensive is because of:
- The reason why hairdressing scissors are so expensive is because they use high quality materials, such as expensive hitachi 440c steel, and are engineered to work for hair cutting professionals.
- Hairdressing scissors made for professionals using high quality craftsmanship and the best materials available
- These professional tools are made to cut everyday and last for five, ten or twenty years
- The expensive high quality steel used to make hairdressing scissors keep the blades sharper for longer, are resistant to corrosion, rust and physical damage
- Professional ergonomics, such as an offset or crane design, allow for a more comfortable grip that reduces the fatigue, so hairdressers can cut standing up for five or ten hours straight
- The tension adjuster screws and gears are uniquely engineered to keep the pair tight, even after 5,000 haircuts
So when we ask "why are hairdressing scissors just so expensive when compared to Kmart or Priceline scissors?", we know that these are made to cut everyday, as sharp as the last haircut, and will last for many years to come.
So when you are looking for the reason why regular scissors and hairdressing scissors prices are so different, then now you will know that the expensive price tag is for quality.