There are a lot of different hair shear blades available for professional, but are there any hairdressing scissors that don't need sharpening?
Can hairdressing scissors be sharpened back to their original sharpest form?
- every pair of hairdressing scissors eventually needs to be sharpened
- each cut of each strand of hair wears the blade down
- higher quality hairdressing scissors use harder steel that is harder to wear down and requires sharpening less often
- cheaper quality steel is softer and will require sharpening more often
- hairdressing scissors can be sharpened back to their original sharpness, or sharper!
- only use professional hairdressing scissor sharpeners as they will sharpen your shear blades without causing damage
There is a common misconception that some scissors don't need resharpening, but every pair will eventually need sharpening.
Your hairdressing scissors can be sharpened back to their original form, or sharper with the help of an expert.
The harder and higher quality steel requires a skilled touch to ensure the scissors are not damaged while sharpening.
The two main aspects and challenges around sharpening hairdressing scissors are:
- the higher quality scissors with harder steel
- the scissor blades (convex, bevel, concave, etc.)
If your hairdressing scissor sharpener is unfamiliar or not used to either your quality of steel or scissor blade, then they may cause permanent damage.
We have the best and complete list of hairdressing and barber scissoe sharpeners in Australia!
Professional scissor sharpeners that are able to breathe life back into your hair cutting tools!
Comments will be approved before showing up.